Re: install pkg

From: c.
Subject: Re: install pkg
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 15:01:09 +0100

On 28 Nov 2014, at 13:01, ESMERALDA PODA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here are the info:
> OSX Yosemite 10.10.
> Attached you find details about XCode

from what you previously posted I infer you are using the
3.8.0 binary distribution for OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), downloaded
forom OctaveForge, is that correct?

That version is not meant for use on OSX 10.10 Yosemite,
if it happens to work that is by pure accident, but I doubt you
will ever be able to install packages with it.

You need to reinstall Octave in order to be able to compile
the io package, currently the best options you have to do so
are via a package manager like Fink [1], Macports [2] or homebrew [3].

I will probably  prepare a release of Octave 3.8.2 for OSX 10.10
some time (late) next month, so if you are not confortable using a
package manager you may want to wait for that.

c.

[1] http://www.finkproject.org/
[2] https://www.macports.org/
[3] http://brew.sh/