new to octave - difficulty in installing a package (statistics)

From: roger phillips
Subject: new to octave - difficulty in installing a package (statistics)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:31:04 +0000

Hi,

Im very new to octave, but getting on reasonably with running some old matlab code, which is great.  I have come across a need to use nanmean which I have seen is included in the statistics package.

I have downloaded this and saved in the same directory as octave runs from.  I have checked it is in the current path and tried installing it by typing   "pkg install -forge statistics-1.2.3.tar.gz"  but i get the error "package not found".

i have tried a few other things like "pkg install statistics-1.2.3.tar.gz" but get the error " the following dependancies where unsatisfied needs io>=1.0.18

As i am running windows 8.1 i have only been able to work out how to install version 3.6.4  is this causing my problem?  is there an older version of the package i should be trying to install?

i have tried searching the forum so hope i am not replicating a question already asked!

Kind regards

Roger