Re: new to octave - difficulty in installing a package (statistics)

From: JokerOne
Subject: Re: new to octave - difficulty in installing a package (statistics)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Roger,

"work out how to install version 3.6.4  "

I am not an expert in these kind of version issues, however, the error you
get, states:
 the following dependancies where unsatisfied needs io>=1.0.18

So, I would recommend to install the package "io" first
try something like
pkg install -forge io

There might be further lacking dependencies after you managed to install io,
however. I do not know, if there is a more comfortable way to install a
package including all of its dependencies, but I guess the expert here will
know?

Welcome to Octave, btw.