Re: "checking for cholmod_start in -lcholmod... no"

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: "checking for cholmod_start in -lcholmod... no"
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 18:56:55 -0400

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 00:51:24 -0700, Electronnix wrote:
> So the idea is that if I don't use METIS from the start, then CHOLMOD comes
> out fine.

Yes, the config.log file that you linked to shows the error if you
search for "cholmod_start":

  /usr/lib/suitesparse/libcholmod.so: undefined reference to
`METIS_NodeComputeSeparator'
  /usr/lib/suitesparse/libcholmod.so: undefined reference to
`ccolamd_set_defaults'
  /usr/lib/suitesparse/libcholmod.so: undefined reference to `METIS_NodeND'

and so on. This is likely due to the way that SuiteSparse is built with
METIS.

> But is there anything I can do to be able to use both METIS and CHOLMOD?

I don't use METIS so I can't help further. Perhaps Sergei's script can
help you.

--
mike