Re: 3.8 GUI documentation tab: click link freezes Octave

From: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: 3.8 GUI documentation tab: click link freezes Octave
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 21:00:21 +0100

Hi Colin,
this is a known issue. You have to unzip the info files of octave to get rid
of the problem (/usr/share/info/octave*).
I stumbled over the very same issue a while ago and was told how to circumvent
this problem.
Unfortunately my programming skills are not sufficient in order to provide a
feasible solution for the issue.
Hope this helps,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

On Montag, 3. März 2014 20:46:23 Colin Beckingham wrote:
> I'm running on openSUSE 12.3 with Octave from the Science repo. All
> seems to be well, except that if I try to click any link in the GUI

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)