Problem with the Miscellaneous package on Mac OS

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Problem with the Miscellaneous package on Mac OS
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:58:09 +0100

Hello,

The miscellaneous package does not compile on the latest version of
Macports on Mac OS X Mavericks. This is caused by a construction that is
not allowed by clang, e.g.:
octave:1> pkg install -forge miscellaneous
partarray.cc:42:31: error: variable length array of non-POD element type
'Array<octave_idx_type>'
  Array<octave_idx_type> bidc [maxdims], eidc [maxdims];

(clang being the default compiler on the latest MacPorts)

By the way, I wonder if maxdims shouldn't have been declared "const".

Anyway, this anomaly was apparently reported a while ago on the tracker,
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=38339

and marked as "closed", apparently with the conclusion that partarray
should be removed, which it apparently hasn't yet.

I would like to know if you somehow decided not to remove it, or if no
one just hadn't had the time yet to do so...

Thank you,

Julien

--
http://www.juliensalort.org