Re: Many octave instances

From: ghaverla
Subject: Re: Many octave instances
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 06:45:36 -0700

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:36:10 +1300
Bart Verleye <address@hidden> wrote:

> There are no m-files in the startup directory.
> However, I now call octave with the -f, to avoid deadlock
> on .octaverc. I will try with this option (and no -f), and see if it
> works.

It's been a while since I was heavy into number crunching, and no
experience in my idea, but ....

I would guess the .octaverc file possibly has something useful in it,
and in general a person might have .m files that are needed for
analysis.  Would it work to use UnionFS or aufs to have just those
files in a ramdisk?

It's still very early, and I may not have had enough coffee yet.

Gord