FW: How to install Octave on Mac Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.3)

From: Andy Davidson
Subject: FW: How to install Octave on Mac Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.3)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:05:41 -0700

Opps, forgot to reply to all:

Andy

Hi Ben

"To install the most recent version of Octave, type sudo port install octave-devel +atlas+docs at the Terminal's command line."

I tried your suggestion, how ever I get the same error

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Andy

$ sudo port install octave-devel @3.6.4 +fltk+docs+atlas
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for octave-devel
--->  Dependencies to be installed: epstool ghostscript xorg-libXext xorg-libX11 xorg-libxcb doxygen graphviz gd2 xpm xorg-libXt libLASi pango Xft2 xrender cairo xorg-xcb-util gobject-introspection harfbuzz xorg-libXaw groff xorg-libXmu texlive texlive-basic texlive-bin poppler xorg-libXp texlive-documentation-base texlive-bin-extra dvipng latexmk texlive-latex pdfjam texlive-latex-recommended pgf texlive-context texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-math-extra texlive-metapost texlive-xetex texlive-generic-recommended texlive-documentation-english texlive-fontutils lcdf-typetools ps2eps texlive-lang-czechslovak texlive-lang-dutch texlive-lang-english texlive-lang-french texlive-lang-german texlive-lang-italian texlive-lang-polish texlive-lang-portuguese texlive-lang-spanish texlive-luatex texlive-latex-extra texlive-pictures fltk gnuplot pstoedit ImageMagick plotutils transfig
--->  Fetching archive for fltk
--->  Attempting to fetch fltk-1.3.2_1.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/fltk
--->  Attempting to fetch fltk-1.3.2_1.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/fltk
--->  Installing fltk @1.3.2_1
--->  Activating fltk @1.3.2_1
--->  Cleaning fltk
--->  Fetching archive for plotutils
--->  Attempting to fetch plotutils-2.6_4.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/plotutils
--->  Attempting to fetch plotutils-2.6_4.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/plotutils
--->  Installing plotutils @2.6_4
--->  Activating plotutils @2.6_4
--->  Cleaning plotutils
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: epstool ghostscript xorg-libXext xorg-libX11 xorg-libxcb doxygen graphviz gd2 xpm xorg-libXt libLASi pango Xft2 xrender cairo xorg-xcb-util gobject-introspection harfbuzz xorg-libXaw groff xorg-libXmu texlive texlive-basic texlive-bin poppler xorg-libXp texlive-documentation-base texlive-bin-extra dvipng latexmk texlive-latex pdfjam texlive-latex-recommended pgf texlive-context texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-math-extra texlive-metapost texlive-xetex texlive-generic-recommended texlive-documentation-english texlive-fontutils lcdf-typetools ps2eps texlive-lang-czechslovak texlive-lang-dutch texlive-lang-english texlive-lang-french texlive-lang-german texlive-lang-italian texlive-lang-polish texlive-lang-portuguese texlive-lang-spanish texlive-luatex texlive-latex-extra texlive-pictures gnuplot pstoedit ImageMagick transfig
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
Error: Processing of port octave-devel failed