How to install Octave on Mac Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.3)

From: AED
Subject: How to install Octave on Mac Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.3)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am new to Octave. I could not get it to install on my mac. I followed the
direction for using the macports version. It looks like the problem has to
do with X11?

I found a Apple support page that says X11 has been removed.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5293 <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5293>

*/"X11 is not included with Mountain Lion, but X11 server and client
libraries for OS X Mountain Lion are available from the XQuartz project:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org. You should use XQuartz version 2.7.2 or
later."/*

I tried googling but did not find a solution

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andy