Re: nVIDIA cuBLAS and GNU Octave

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: nVIDIA cuBLAS and GNU Octave
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 19:53:27 +0100

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 7:20 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 23-Dec-2012, Markus Bergholz wrote:

| only work if you have a cuda card and driver!), or one day the Cuda stuff and
| licence gets tolareted by Octave developers.

Octave's license isn't going to change,

that is in my intention too.

so I don't think we have a
choice to someday "tolerate" a non-free, GPL-incompatible license.
I'm not interested in linking Octave with non-free software, or
encouraging people to do so.

i mean with tolerate, the kind of tolerate what linus is doing with Linux.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Loadable_kernel_modules_and_firmware
there are some blobs with proprietary/unknown licence......preferred here rather the benefits

What we need is to have software that
does the job of working with the GPU that is distributed under terms
that are compatible with the GPL.

jwe

--
icq: 167498924