Problem using the hanning function in embedded mode

From: Nicanor García
Subject: Problem using the hanning function in embedded mode
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:46:37 -0500

Hello, I'm currently developing a standalone audio signal processing application and I'm using octave for the processing part. I'm working in Ubuntu Linux (though I'll be moving soon to Linux Mint), and using QtCreator.

My process involves taking the FFT of the series of windows of a signal, and for that I'm also using the hanning function to get a hanning window.

The code works perfectly when run from octave in console, but when I try to use it in the application I detected that the hanning function returns only zeros. The same happens with the hamming function.

This only happens when I use the embedded mode in the program.  And is the only problem involving Octave I have detected.

I searched throughly in all the resources provided by Octave and across the web and found nothing about this issue, so I'm asking here for your help.

Thank you very much.