Re: Problem using the hanning function in embedded mode

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Problem using the hanning function in embedded mode
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 07:31:55 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

Even though I myself use FFT to process audio in real time, I do not understand
how your post is related to the OP's problem.

It's common knowledge that for real time signals _overlapping_ windows (to be
more exact, overlapping buffers multiplied by the chosen window) are used, and
for such applications Hanning window is the most widely and correctly used
no-brainer.

But, again, I think the OP's problem is (in)validity of the values he obtains
from an Octave function, and, as I wrote before, my first guess is that it
might be related to thread safety and/or problems in IPC implementation, the
processes/threads being the OP's GUI and Octave.

Regards,
  Sergei.