Re: Quick Question

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Quick Question
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:44:18 +0100

>I realize  i didn't respond to what i was selling part,
>I would be selling engineering "services" as a consulting firm
>and would be utilizing code developed using octave
>and octave itself to deliver those services. As i
>understand it is not even under a question mark
>activity, but like i said i havent gone through any GPL
>document to figure that out and was wondering
>what i could find, without the time in my hands to
>invest in it at the time.

It depends on what "services" are.  If they include distributing
software, you have already been answered.  If they only include
distributing results of computations or acquired knowledge, you can use
Octave without any restrictions (but you can use anything else to that
end, for this matter).

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107