Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Yury T.
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:01:13 -0800 (PST)

Sergei Steshenko-2 wrote
>>>  The matter is not syntax, it's semantics.
>> And semantics (sense) is brought to us by a means of syntax (language),
> Here is more crap:
> So, there is nothing wrong with your not understanding of "{...}", "(...)"
> - the language does not facilitate the understanding.

Thank you. :) Well, *I* only wanted a simple array of structures, with
elementary iterator (you helped me with one, thank you).

You make a strong case, but a case of what? What you demonstrate might be
either the issue of syntax, if guys making Octave decided to copy similar
feature of Matlab verbatim; or it might be a case of semantics, like you
say, if the implementation is faulty. The docs are silent or cryptic. :)

Personally, I'd like to have in Octave a capabilities on the lines of what I
mentioned here:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/equivalent-for-C-style-init-structname-varname-tp4646460p4646552.html

...even if it diverted Octave's capabilities from those of Matlab.