Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?

From: Benjamin Abbott
Subject: Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:22:56 -0500

On Nov 13, 2012, at 8:03 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> [...]

Actually, my understanding is that Xcode presents somewhat of a borderline case, but that we (for the moment) are able to distribute a binary.

I've been wondering is it possible to build Octave using Microsoft Visual Studio without compiling any include files with MSFT licenses?

RMS mentioned it in one previous mail: the system exception covers the compiler (libraries and headers), which is a major part of the system.

Michael.

Ok.  So the situation is the same as for MacOS.

Ben