Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Yury T.
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:25:12 -0800 (PST)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
> On 12 November 2012 13:23, Yury T. <

> yury.tarasievich@

> > wrote:
>> So, no solution is forthcoming, eh? Pity.
>
> No solution to what? Have you looked at the dataframe package in OF?
> It's more like what you would find in R.

Well, thanks, but I was trying to move away from R and its pecularities,
powerful as they might be.
Solution to my little problem, of course.

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
> Also, struct arrays, cell arrays, and plain arrays are the basic types
> in Octave. Plain arrays are of homogenous type, cell arrays are of
> dimension is indexed by strings instead of positive integers. These
> are your basic building blocks, and perhaps they are enough for
> solving your problem at hand. The cell() and struct() functions can be

Well, w/r to the theory of information, array is a complex data type, even
if plain. That's how it's regarded in other programming languages - special
syntax, complex indexing modes etc. BTW, even your explication on array
constructors, so to speak, is better than what one finds in documentation.
Sorry to grumble. Will try again. :)