Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Yury T.
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:23:11 -0800 (PST)

So, no solution is forthcoming, eh? Pity.

What might be done with documentation primarily, I feel, is restructuring.
Now, if I want to find something untrivial, I have to hunt all over the
tree. Superficially, there is structure, but it is formed on somewhat
unclear premises. Take the arrays (of which matrixes are a subset). Array is
a complex data structure primarily characterised by many modes of addressing
(indexing) its elements. Some modes are ubiquitous, from Basic to, as it is,
Octave, some are not. Now, I feel, there is a traditional way to lay out the
info on  language data types in documentation. You start with the general
description, then turn to simple cases of vars definitions and constants,
then to complex cases. Then to the typical use cases and to the special
cases and exceptions. Only then you proceed with the operators and
functions. And you never scatter the basic information across the manual.
I've reread the Section 4, 5.2, and 6 just now, you know. :) Variables in
Sec. 7? I have a feeling that the documentation was structured according to
how the Octave was growing and being implemented... :)