Re: image, imshow and similar display empty axes

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: image, imshow and similar display empty axes
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:16:07 -0800 (PST)

I installed MacPorts octave-develon Mac 10.6.8 in order to be able to use the
Image processing toolbox.
I downloaded the Gnuplot from the Macsyma sourceforge archive, but also
built one using the universla variant from Macports because my system was
crashing.

I can plot nicely from Octave with both X11 and Aquaterm.
I can do Imread, and do Imshow to X11
Imshow to Aquaterm brings up a blank window.

If I may be allowed an aside to the maintainers of the "packaged" octave,
compiling a version which cannot load in the image toolbox is not a smart
move.  It took me some time to figure out the workaround of compiling
Octave-devel