Re: Help Gnuplot

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Help Gnuplot
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:00:33 -0400

On Oct 27, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Sichen Dong wrote:

> I am currently using Mac OSX 10.8.2, and running Octave-3.4.0 on my machine.
> I also installed AquaTerm v1.1.0. And I have two users on my computer system,
> A and B.
>
> When I am running Octave with user account A. I can plot everything just
> fine. However, when I am using user B, whenever I plot something from
> Terminal, the Terminal title bar change display to gnuplot-4.2.5, AquaTerm
> starts. But the problem is that the plotting process just hangs there. No
> AquaTerm window displays, and octave stop responding until I manually quit
> AquaTerm. I have been straggling with problem for a month. Please help.
>
> Thank you,
> Sichen Dong

Sounds like the Aquaterm and Gnuplot being used under account/user B are not
compatible.  Under user A & B what does "which gnuplot" return from the
Terminal? (should be the same).

If you use Splotlight to search for "AquaTerm.app" do you get more than one
result under either account, or does Spotlight find a different AquaTerm.app
for each account?

These sort of problems are more common if an /Users/USERNAME/Applications
directory exists to permit individual users to install Applications which other
users will not see.

Ben