plotting in grace

From: asha g
Subject: plotting in grace
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:31:17 +0800 (SGT)

 While googling, I found that octave can plot in both gnuplot and grace.

For plotting in grace the data needs to be in ascii form and in columns.
Now I can convert my binary data into ascii but it is not appearing as columns. When I tried something that was suggested earlier - it displays on the screen but does not save as a file.

I would really appreciate help from someone who has experience doing this.

The code I wrote is :

load catwalk X y
X= X', y = y';
save -mat-ascii catwalkascii X y

If this does save as columns, then I can open it after typing xmgrace and import it. But as mine does not save as columns, it is proving to be difficult.

Your help appreciated.

Thanks

Asha G