Re: Octave and cargo cult programmingHello

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: Octave and cargo cult programmingHello
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:51:08 +0300

> I have a pretty simple suggestion to get rid permanently of all these
> annoying behaviors (developed by unpaid people during their spare time) :
> don't use octave. Really, I mean it. After all the griefs you've exposed
> against octave and the dumbness of its developers, I don't understand why
> you're still using it.

Please don't use this argument. I've seen it used before, I understand
the exasperation, but it's still wrong. Once someone monopolizes the
niche for "free Matlab" on Google, they have some responsibility to
"humanity" (both as far as quality and as far as functionality).

(not that I wish to get into the broadcasting debate)

-- Dan