Re: Octave and Database connectivity

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave and Database connectivity
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:54:31 -0400

On 11 September 2012 14:01, ahowe42 <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am scoping out a fairly substantial project which needs a) an
> array-oriented computation engine and b) a database.

One option is Python with Numpy and MySQLdb. I find Python to be much
more pleasant than Octave for a large programming project with lots of
moving parts:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7061824/whats-the-most-efficient-way-to-covert-mysql-output-into-a-numpy-array-in-pytho

For visualising your data, you can use matplotlib, which has an
Octave-like syntax.

If you really want to use Octave, you could still use Python, by
hooking it up with Pytave:

    https://code.launchpad.net/pytave

- Jordi G. H.