Re: trying to compile 3.6.1

From: Rita
Subject: Re: trying to compile 3.6.1
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 14:17:35 -0400

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

>________________________________

[snip]

--
>--- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.--

Though the build is "one button", i.e. you enter a (complicated) command line and just wait (since the whole stack is built - gcc, gtk+, ATLAS, wxWidgets, gnuplot - you name it), you have to _patiently_ _wait_ - it takes a lot of time - more than a day.

If you are still interested, I'll send the stuff off-list - it's open source (GPL + LGPL + Artistic License), and then, if you have problems, I'll try to help you.

I've been using the thing since octave-3.0.5 days (actually, since 2006), I build my infrastructure using it (including, for example clisp -> SBCL -> - maxima -> wxMaxima - for symbolic manipulations). I mean, I was interested in good quality myself.

Regards,
  Sergei.

You should make a project out of this. It sounds like an extremely useful tool.