Re: Octave and the new Mountain Lion Operating System

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave and the new Mountain Lion Operating System
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:36:39 -0400

On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:04 PM, petecasso wrote:

> The dmg file doesn't work with Mountain Lion anymore. It was just crashing
> after the upgrade. Not exactly sure why.
>
> I downloaded the source code and all requisite libraries and built it
> myself. I had to make some source code changes though but nothing major.
> octave is great. If only the plotting were a little better. I'm not a huge
> fan of aquaterm though. I prefer to setenv GNUTERM x11 so that I can zoom in
> and have the mouse be somewhat functional with the plots.

The DMG would have been dynamically linked to either the Carbon framework or
X11.  If the former, Octave called CGDisplayBitsPerPixel which is not present
in the Carbon framework for 10.7 or 10.8.  If the latter, you'll need to
install X11 as MacOS 10.8 no longer bundles it.

There may be other problems as well.

Ben