Re: simple advice needed on input and output

From: vilsu
Subject: Re: simple advice needed on input and output
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all!

I made a automatic system for making these matrix combinations:

A * U * r * U * r
A * U * r * U * s
A * U * r * U * l
.
.
.

It goes like this:

I use this script:

echo off all
v1 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],1,78125).'(:)
v2 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],5,15625).'(:)
v3 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],25,3125).'(:)
v4 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],125,625).'(:)
v5 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],625,125).'(:)
v6 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],3125,25).'(:)
v7 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],15625,5).'(:)
v8 = repmat([1;2;3;9;0],1,78125)(:)
[v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6, v7, v8]
save output.txt ans

This creates all possible  8 character long combinations of 1, 2, 3, 9 and
0.
Then using Notepad++ I put an * -mark in between characters. Then again
using Notepad++ I change every 1 to A, every 2 to B, ...

I still have a couple of questions, to which I would be happy to hear your
comment:

1. My ECHO command does not work. I still see all the speedy scrolling
numbers on the screen.
2. I dont understand how this script works! What are the : for? And ' ?
3.While calculating, Octave used about 1/3 of CPU and GUIOctave used 2/3 of
CPU. What are the real benefits of a GUI when it hogs most of the resources?
I can edit script with Notepad and read Manual with Firefox.
4. Any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks in advance for your comments. I am rally happy that a place like this
exists. Thanks guys for all your knowledge and all your effort!!!!

Yours vilsu