Re: simple advice needed on input and output

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: simple advice needed on input and output
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 00:42:17 +0200

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Vilsu,

Ok, you may want to read this and try to understand their source code

http://www.cube20.org/

even use their applet.

However if you want to create rotation matrices look at rotv in the
linear-algebra 2.2.0 package (if you are in linux,  in octave prompt
run 'pkg -forge install linear-algebra')
The faces of the cube cab be encoded with their normals ([1 0 0], [-1
0 0], [0 1 0], [0 -1 0], etc ...) and the angles you need are n*pi/2,
being n the number of rotations around that normal, n=1,2,3 (because 4
== 0).

With that you can almost encode the whole cube... there are several
more details to encode, I leave them for your fun. But I guess you
have cracked it already.

Good luck,

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal