Re: forcing function execution as a core function or from a certain pack

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: forcing function execution as a core function or from a certain package
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:18:56 +0200

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

Sergei,
no need to be offensive.
I think the message meant was:
1. If you see a way of implementing that keeping matlab compatibility,
please implement it and submit your code for testing.
2. If you can't keep matlab compatibility, you can try anyway but most
of us using GNU Octave do share code with people that are
matlabotomized. Nowadays already making code that runs on both
programs has a little bit of an overhead (unless you want to strictly
stick to matlab notation... no auto broadcast!!!)
3. We have discuss the idea on namespaces in the context of
Octave-Forge. Maybe you can come with an idea to implement this in the
pkg.m function? Even doing something like "pkg import from my_package
fun1.m fun2.m fun*.m"

If you want to use a package without a given function, you have no
choice but to move the function to a "notused" folder. That is less
drastic than not loading the package at all.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----