Re: forcing function execution as a core function or from a certain pack

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: forcing function execution as a core function or from a certain package
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:49:10 -0400

On 10 July 2012 15:44, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:
> suppose there is a 'foo' function which exists in several places.
> E.g. it may exist as a core Octave function and in a number of
> loaded packages.
>
> Is there a way to explicitly tell Octave which function is meant
> without unloading the packages ?

No.

> For example, 'sumsq' exists as both part of nan-2.5.5 package and as
> Octave built-in function.

No, this is intentional. The author of the NaN package thinks that
sumsq([1 NaN 3]) produces "buggy" output in Octave and deliberately
overwrites that behaviour. We have not come to an agreement about
that, so the NaN package overwrites Octave functions and you can only
avoid this by not using the package.

- Jordi G. H.