Re: forcing function execution as a core function or from a certain pack

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: forcing function execution as a core function or from a certain package
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

You don't have to agree that 'sumsq' is buggy. Those who think it is buggy will
use package export mechanism - that's all.

FWIW, ATM:

"
The Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) currently
                has 107,949 Perl modules in 25,211 distributions, written by
9,837 authors, mirrored on 275 servers.
".

I hardly remember ever encountering a name conflict in Perl packages world -
people seem to stick to not exporting by default.

Or you think Octave developers are completely outlandish that they can't agree
on that simple thing of not exporting by default ?

Regards,
  Sergei.