Re: senseless warning in octave-3.6.2

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: senseless warning in octave-3.6.2
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:42:58 +0100

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:
What part of "default Octave behavior is mathematically senseless (in its row_vec OP col_vec -> matrix part) and why on earth it was made default ?!" is that difficult to understand ?

The fact that it's senseless to you is not a necessary and sufficient condition to consider it universally senseless.

Octave developers decided to produce a tool for scientific calculations which by default in its row_vec OP col_vec -> matrix part makes no scientific sense ?

I strongly suggest you look for other alternative solutions if octave doesn't fulfill your needs and/or expectation. After all the catastrophic design decisions that you have already pointed out, I'm puzzled about why you're still using it.

Michael.