Re: senseless warning in octave-3.6.2

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: senseless warning in octave-3.6.2
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 16:53:53 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

No, the document does _not_ help. Because it does _not_ explain _why_ in a
context of _only_ vector operands a matrix is produced (and, by the way, as I
wrote, it's not "broadcasting", in programming WRT types "promotion" and
"demotion" is used).

As wrote much much earlier, essentially column vector vs row vector is a
nuisance - one type of vector would suffice.

IIUC, column vector is kind of default in Octave, that's why I expect

vec = row_vec OP col_vec

to be implemented as

vec = row_vec(:) .OP col_vec(:)
.