Re: How to use 'colloc'?

From: c.
Subject: Re: How to use 'colloc'?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:19:36 +0200

Il giorno 05/lug/2012, alle ore 17.13, Søren Hauberg ha scritto:

> Okay, I'll try to port my current code to the BIM package and try a couple of
> different optimizers.

In this case the construction of a proper Jacobian is VERY important for the
solution speed.
Given my experience, it is much easier and effective to first write the
linearized system of differential equations
and then to discretize it than to  first discretize the nonlinear system and
then linearize the resulting algebraic problem.
Note that the two approaches do not always produce the same Jacobian.

> Thanks
> Søren
c.