Installing octave on Windows XP

From: Christoffer Andin
Subject: Installing octave on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 14:32:51 +0200

Hi,

I have been using octave 3.0.3 for some time until I now decided to install
3.6.1. I have followed the installation instructions (extracted the files to
C:\Octave\Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2). But when I start octave it seems that there
are dependencies from the old 3.0.3 installation. So I uninstalled 3.0.3 and
after that I get a lot of addpath warnings that directories don't exist (it
searches for packages and m-files from the 3.0.3 installation). Virtually no
command/function is recognized at the octave prompt either.

I have searched for octave related keys in the registry and removed all I
could find, although they didn't seem too suspicious to me...

I would be glad if anyone out there recognizes this error and has a
solution!

Best regards,
Christoffer