Re: Installing octave on Windows XP

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Installing octave on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:56:51 -0400

did the old version of Octave set Environment Variables that maybe
didn't get cleared?

If you right click on My Computer, Click Properties, Click on the
Advanced Tab, then the Environment Variables button.

check both user and system variables lists for anything that looks
related to the 3.0.3 install.

2nd option might be a user specific .octavrc file sitting somewhere
(maybe in your home user folder? can't remember where octave looks for
.octaverc's in windows)