Re: How to use 'colloc'?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: How to use 'colloc'?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 11:46:17 +0200

On Jul 4, 2012, at 4:04 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  2-Jul-2012, Søren Hauberg wrote:
>
> | I need to solve a system of 2nd order ODE's with two-point boundary
> | conditions, and I'd figure I'd try to use the 'colloc' function for
> | this (I've tried a few different routines, but there all kinda
> | slow). The documentation for this function is a bit lacking for a
> | newbie like myself, so I was wondering if anybody has a link to some
> | tutorial on how to use the function? Specifically, I can't figure
> | out how to have general boundary  conditions u(0) = u_0 and u (1) =
> | u_1.
>
> Take a look at section A.5 from the following and let me know if it
> helps.
>
>  http://jbrwww.che.wisc.edu/home/jbraw/chemreacfun/web-appendix.pdf

Thanks John, that actually helped quite a bit. I still can't follow the code in
the Octave documentation, but I've been able to solve some toy problems now.

I don't know much about ODE's (neither the analytical stuff nor the closed-form
stuff), so how do I go about solving systems of ODE's this way? I can only
figure out how to solve 1D problems so far…

Thanks
Søren