Re: Octave for Mac with Reference Lapack

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave for Mac with Reference Lapack
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:05:53 +0200

On 29 May 2012, at 19:07, Lukas Reichlin wrote:

> and install that package. Then try
>
>       test moen4
>
> IIRC it passes with Accelerate from 10.6.8.

YRC:

>> test moen4
PASSES 9 out of 9 tests

> Next, try one of the unpolished examples from the DaISy library in the devel
> subfolder (it is not included when you use pkg install), for example
>
>       PowerPlant
>       DestillationME
> The plots of the measurements and simulation should match reasonably well,

The plots are attached, would you say they "match well"?
> i.e.
> variable "err" should be < 1

PowerPlant:
err =  0.22350

DestillationME:
err = 0.13644

is that small enough?

I do see a different problem though: each example can be runned only once, if I
run it again I get:

err =  0.22350
st =  1
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost

and Octave hangs.

> Lukas
c.