Re: problems with packages on two separate Macs

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: problems with packages on two separate Macs
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:45:23 -0500

On 22 January 2012 11:34, AdHoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Same problem. I don't have XCode (I'm guessing this all means I have to) -
> basically because I didn't want to pay the $99 unless it was unavoidable. Do
> I need to suck it up and pay for an Apple Developer account?

You need to get GNU make, gcc and other things needed to compile
things. I don't think anyone has made pre-compiled Octave-Forge
packages for McIntosh computers. I don't know of a convenient way to
get the GNU toolchain without installing even more proprietary
software on your McIntosh personal computer.

- Jordi G. H.