Re: Who uses Octave?

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Who uses Octave?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:01:04 -0800 (PST)

We use to to create image analysis routines to evaluate print quality. This
inludes counting pickouts (where printing process pickouts out small pieces
of the paper surface, counting missing dots in roto gravure printing,
evaluating print mottle in half-tone prints, evaluating paper formation,
count pin holes, etc.

Octave is used to perform the calculations and we use AutoIT (both running
under windows) to create a simple operator interface so the technicians can
enter sample ID, type of test, etc, and control the scanner before passing
the image(s) to Octave for analysis.