Re: Who uses Octave?

From: Richard Balogh
Subject: Re: Who uses Octave?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:37:34 +0100

I use Octave in my Robotics class at the Slovak University of Technology.

I mentioned it use also in the paper available here:
http://ap.urpi.fei.stuba.sk/balogh/pdf/11RiEAcrob.pdf
at the page 5.

Even the university has (probably) kind of Matlab licence, for me it was
much easier to install Octave in classroom without any licencing questions.
Also students were surprised that there exists a Matlab alternative.

Richard Balogh

Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
Who uses Octave?

We haven't asked this question in a while, so I'm curious to see if
answers have changed significantly recently.

It would be much appreciated if you could answer here in the mailing
list or edit our wiki page on the matter:

    http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Who_Uses_Octave%3F

TIA,
- Jordi G. H.