Re: strcat not found--MinGW

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: strcat not found--MinGW
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 14:23:32 -0400

On  2-May-2011, Daryl wrote:

| Just in case there may have been something flaky about the installation, I
| removed and reinstalled both Mingw and Octave.  On the Mingw install, I
| installed all the compilers and the developer environment.  On the Octave
| installer, I selected the "Forge" option, which I don't think I had done
| before.  I'm still getting the same error.  I'm sure there is a problem
| passing the Octave search path to a stand-alone program in my Mingw
| environment.

What does the copy of Octave you installed on MinGW tell you for the
following commands

  octave_config_info ("prefix")
  octave_config_info ("fcnfiledir")
  OCTAVE_HOME
  OCTAVE_VERSION

?

What do the same commands return if you add them to the .m file that
you are executing from your standalone program?

jwe