Re: How to load images?

From: findtype
Subject: Re: How to load images?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:04:33 -0400

Thanks, and best wishes, for considering this problem.  The puzzle is that the version I have does not load jpg images as claimed by the on-line Octave manual.  Does any octave/cygwin user know how to do this, or, what version I need to install to accomplish it?

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Montag, 28. März 2011, 06:26:31 schrieb findtype:
> I'm using octave on cygwin.  The installation put the file imread.m here...
>      C:\cygwin\usr\share\3.4.0\m\image\
> From that I guess the version is 3.4.0.  Is there a way to tell explicitly
> what version of cygwin or octave I have?
>
> Ted F.

Please always keep the list on cc.
I have no cygwin to test with since I do not work with windows, but from your
original post it seems at least that the real problem is your magick++ which
seems to lack support for the image formats or it is probably a cygwin bug.
I would check in your cygwin package management if a newer magick++ version is
available - but please keep in mind this is a shot in the dark by someone who
does not work with it.
I hope someone else can give a better advice based on experience.