Re: How to load images?

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: How to load images?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:07:28 +0200

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM, findtype  wrote:
> Ok, the cygwin setup.exe got me the libGraphicsMagick3-1.3.12-2.
> However, for octave it got version 3.4.0-2 not the -3.
> Also, as I didn't know where to check for fortran, it got the apparently
> ill-fated libgfortran3-4.3.4-4.
> Now Octave won't run in cygwin at all, but just exits without a word, which
> is the problem reported in another thread by Pertti.
> So, how can I downgrade the fortran to 3-4.3.4-3 ?

Ted,
octave 3.4.0-2 is fine. (-3 was typo)

for ill-fated libgfortran3-4.3.4-4
Run cygwin setup.exe, on "select packages" window, click on "view" to
switch from "category" to "full".

search libgfortran3, you you will see

Current       New
4.3.4-4        Keep

click on keep several times until you get 4.3.4-3

Regards
Marco