Re: How to load images?

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: How to load images?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:21:54 +0200

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Martin Helm  wrote:
> Am Montag, 28. März 2011, 06:26:31 schrieb findtype:
>> I'm using octave on cygwin.  The installation put the file imread.m here...
>>      C:\cygwin\usr\share\3.4.0\m\image\
>> From that I guess the version is 3.4.0.  Is there a way to tell explicitly
>> what version of cygwin or octave I have?

Ted,
to know the version in cygwin

$ cygcheck -c cygwin
$ cygcheck -c octave

>> Ted F.
>>
> Please always keep the list on cc.
> I have no cygwin to test with since I do not work with windows, but from your
> original post it seems at least that the real problem is your magick++ which
> seems to lack support for the image formats or it is probably a cygwin bug.
> I would check in your cygwin package management if a newer magick++ version is
> available - but please keep in mind this is a shot in the dark by someone who
> does not work with it.
> I hope someone else can give a better advice based on experience.

You should update libGraphicsMagick3 from 1.3.12-1 to 1.3.12-2
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2011-03/msg00033.html

Pay attention to NOT upgrade libgfortran3 from 4.3.4-3 to 4.3.4-4, otherwise
your octave will stop to work at all.

Regards
Marco