Re: How to change the size of the paper when printing plots?

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: How to change the size of the paper when printing plots?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:36:22 +0200

On 5. Jul 2010, at 19:03, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just don't get it. I make a little plot with no small features, that
> is supposed to occupy no more than 7x7 cm in my report. But when I try
> to print() the plot, the size of the paper unavoidably becomes 203 ? 152
> mm. No matter what I do, it is 203 ? 152 mm. When such a big plot is
> being scaled to 7x7, it is not possible to see anything at it!
>
> Is there any possibility to adjust the size of the paper when printing()
> to an EPS file?
>

> Thank you in advance
> Stanislav Pika

This sounds like you need to adjust the 'position' property of your figure
before using the print command. This is what I found in one of my scritps that
produce a nice EPS figure (you may need to adjust this):

        set (gca,'position',[0.12 0.12 0.85,0.85]); % set bottom-left position,
width and height of figure relative to bounding box (=window box)

Just read the documentation for more. But please don't ask me where in the
documentation I found this. I believe that I even once complained that this
information is hidden pretty well.

Matthias