Re: sprank

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: sprank
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:49:49 -0400

If someone mails the list with a contract, they should be prepared to
discuss and explain what that contract means. If that discussion is
inappropriate for the mailing list then the contract itself is
inappropriate for the mailing list.

The text "taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited"
doesn't make any sense to me, so I ask for clarification. Ulrich
suggests that what this phrase means is the sender will not accept a
bill for any time/effort/expense that might result from replying even
though words similar to "bill" and/or "compensation" are not present.
That does seems likely, though, as lawyers tend to think that someone,
somewhere owes them money for every waking moment. Lawyers also like
to think they are entitled to compensation for any ancillary ideas
that sprout off of a conversation with them so I'm not certain that
the message is that circumscribed. I'm not a lawyer. Who knows what
the contract means.

--judd