Re: Flexible Image Transport System (FITS) file format support

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Flexible Image Transport System (FITS) file format support
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:40:49 -0700

søn, 28 03 2010 kl. 02:42 +0000, skrev Guido Walter Pettinari:
>  did a quick test of the function "fits_read_image":
> image = fits_read_image ( "cl_out.fits" )
> I attached the "cl_out.fits" file to this e-mail.
>
> The result was an error message and an unusable image. I guess there
> is something more to do in order to make MFITSIO compatible with
> Octave...

I had a look at this and I must say that I think the problem lies in
MFITSIO and not Octave. My guess (and I am guessing) is that MFITSIO is
not compatible with version 3 of CFITSIO, as MFITSIO has not been
updated since 2003 (the last version of CFITSIO in the 2.x.x series is
from 2004).

Does anybody have access to Matlab on a machine with CFITSIO installed,
that would be willing to install MFITSIO and see if it works?

Søren