Re: Block comments inside block comments

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Block comments inside block comments
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:37:19 -0400

On 24 March 2010 13:27, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> You can follow the example for keywords (look at the 'keywords' array in
> 'help.cc'), which is formated using texinfo. As an example, you should
> be able to change
>
>  pair_type ("!",
>    "Logical not operator.  See also `~'.\n"),
>
> into
>
>  pair_type ("!",
>    "-*- texinfo -*-\n\
>   address@hidden Operator !\n\
>    Logical not operator.\n\
>   address@hidden
>   address@hidden deffn"),
>
> and similarly for other operators. If you intend on doing this, then it
> would be great of you looked at incorporating some slightly more
> detailed descriptions of the operators. You can find text for this in
> 'doc/interpreter/expr.txi' if you are interested.
>
> Søren

My doubts is if # and #{ should be placed inside operators[] or if I
should place them in a different array
(or whatever is the right name). Instead of this
const static pair_type operators[] =
{
// Help text of many operators
// Help text of comment characters and continuation line
};
to have this
const static pair_type operators[] =
{
// Help text of many operators
};

const static pair_type comment[] =
{
// Help text of comment characters and continuation line
};

In a similar way, if I should have
@deffn Operator #\n\
Begin comment character.\n\
@seealso{%}\n\
@end deffn
or
@deffn Comment #\n\
Begin comment character.\n\
@seealso{%}\n\
@end deffn

If you think they should be placed inside operators[] as they are now,
then I can start writing it in texinfo.

Carnẽ Draug