Re: Block comments inside block comments

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Block comments inside block comments
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:43:43 -0400

Thank you all for your helpful and prompt responses. I understand the
advantage of having them nest, it's just counterintuitive for me
because I never saw them nest before in other languages. I'm trying to
write octave syntax highlight and got surprised by this.

Also, I noticed there's no help for the block comment as there is for
the one-line comment. Here's something I think would fit if someone
can/knows where to place it. I only don't know what the second an last
line would be. In the file-functions would be something like
@deftypefn and @end deftypefn

help "#{"

## -*- texinfo -*-
##
##Begin block comment.
##
##Other than whitespace, there must be no other characters for the block
##comment be recognized as such.
##
##Also, it's possible to nest block comments as in the following example:
##
address@hidden
##   #{
##      This is within the outer block comment
##      #{
##         This is within the inner block comment
##      #}
##      This is still within the outer block comment
##   #}
address@hidden example
address@hidden', `#}'}
##

help "#}"

## -*- texinfo -*-
##
##Close block comment.
##
##Other than whitespace, there must be no other characters for the block
##comment be recognized as such.
##
##Also, it's possible to nest block comments as in the following example:
##
address@hidden
##   #{
##      This is within the outer block comment
##         This is within the inner block comment
##      This is still within the outer block comment
##   #}
address@hidden example
address@hidden', `#{'}
##