Re: Block comments inside block comments

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Block comments inside block comments
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:40:55 -0400

On 23-Mar-2010, Carn  Draug wrote:

| @@ -208,7 +232,10 @@
|      "Return list delimiter.  See also `]'."),
|
|    pair_type ("\\",
| -    "Left division operator.  See also `/' and `./'."),
| +    "Left division operator.  See also `/' and `./'.\n\
| +\n\
| +The backslash character can also be used as continuation marker\n\
| +character.  See also `...'."),

I would rather not encourage the use of the backslash character for
continuations, so please remove this change from the next version of
the patch that you submit.

Please also include a ChangeLog entry for your changes, and if you are
using Mercurial, please submit a changeset instead of a plain diff.
If you are not using Mercurial, then please start using it for working
on Octave.

Thanks,

jwe