Block comments inside block comments

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Block comments inside block comments
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 01:45:10 -0400

Hi

I just realized that when inside a block comment, octave still notices
the start of another block comment. If this happens, then it's needed
to close it again. Not sure if I'm clear so here's an example what I
mean

printf ("Not comment 1\n");
#{
   printf ("Comment 1\n");
   #{
   printf ("Comment 2\n");
#}
printf ("I'd have guessed NOT a comment but it is a comment and gives
warning of unclosed block comment\n");

Is this a feature or a bug? My idea on how comments work is that
everything is ignored until the end of the comment (end of the line,
in one line comments, or end of block character) but I may be wrong.

Carnë Draug